Enjoy vegetables and fruit with every meal! Think about what meals you currently provide to your family and how you can add vegetables or fruit to these meals. For instance, you can add:
- Onions, canned mushrooms or peppers to spaghetti sauce or have a tossed salad on the side.
- Sliced banana or fresh or frozen berries to cereal.
- Some lettuce, tomato, peppers, avocado or cucumber to sandwiches or have sliced veggies on the side.
- Leftover veggies to soups, salads or casseroles instead of throwing them out.
- Try preparing vegetables in different ways - raw, baked and steamed.
- Wash and chop vegetables ahead of time for tomorrow night's dinner and store in a closed container in your refrigerator.
- Cook extra supper to have leftovers the next day.
- Round out meals with fresh or canned fruit.